Bella

Bella
Bella

Monday, August 11, 2008

Hi all! Dan and I went to watch the Silverdale Thunder hydros over the weekend. Saturday was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to windy out on the water to race, so it was cancelled. But Sunday was nice. We were at the races from about 11am to about 6pm. Long day. The race people crammed two days of racing into one. Usually these events, for me, are boring boring boring because they take so long in between the racing part. Sunday was ok. The race people kept busy racing the big hydros and in between big races the RC boats raced, or tried too. Radio Control boats. They are fun to watch. We sat at a good place to watch everything. I packed a lunch and we hauled our lawn chairs to sit on and we sat up above the water right at the fence. No one could get in front of us. Cool. When nothing at all was happening, I read my current book. It was a good day and it only sprinkled once. I just sat under my umbrella for about 10 minutes then it quit. A woman won the race in the big boats. WOOHOO! I thought that was neat. Dan likes going to do this kind of stuff so we try and go when we can........The weather was nice today. We just hung out around home and made a trip to Walmart. Just another regular retired day!............Have you all been following John McCain in the news? I was just cracking up when I seen that he had been in Sturgis, South Dakota at the bike rally. What was funny is that him and his wife were at the Buffalo Chip Campground giving a "speech" to the bikers. If anyone has been to the Sturgis Bike Rally and have been to this campground, you would laugh too. I wonder if he watched the parade of bikes that goes on everyday. Women on bikes, riding their own and being passengers, with not very many clothes on. hahahahahaha......If he seen that, I bet he got an "eye full"!!! I put the web-site on here so you can check out the video of him offering that his wife could compete to be the next Miss Buffalo Chip! HA!! Check out www.buffalochip.com and you'll find the video on the right side of the page. You'll find it interesting. Dan and I have been to Sturgis in 2002 and 2004but we didn't stay at the Buffalo Chip. Way too many people for us. We camped in quieter campgrounds. Anyway, check out the Senator during his visit there. The video will show him on the stage talking to the crowd. You can sometimes hear the motorcycles roaring in the background. Just an interesting tidbit for you all.........My tomatoes just love this nice weather the last few days. The "Early Girls" sure do taste good! I've been putting them in tossed green salads. YUM! Pretty soon the local blackberries will be ready to pick. I can't wait for that. Dan loves blackberry cobbler!!!!..........When we went out geocaching and I wrote about it I didn't have a picture downloaded yet, so here is Dan finding a geocache. This was an easy find. And here is a picture of my sister Christine with Dan hanging out on mom's back porch.

No comments: