Bella

Bella
Bella

Sunday, February 15, 2009

The last couple of days have just been everyday life retired days. Nothing much to talk about. Wednesday, 2/11 we were Dan and I were out on the quad for a little while. Just a short putt around the area where we are camping...........Thursday, 2/12, Dan, me, and Kathy went out on the quads for a long ride. It was rather a nice day. Sunny but with a chill in the air. Kathy had a new geocache up on a hill top. The desert is really getting green. I was amazed at the green grass growing in some places. Mostly under the trees where it is still damp from the couple of rainy days and is in the shade most of the time. I tried to take some pictures of these little purple flowers. Don't know what they are but they kind of look like a desert weed. I sure do like the views when we're up on one of the hills. They never look steep from a distance, but when you get to bottom of a trail going up and you start up it on the quad, some of them are quite steep. Always makes for an interesting quad ride..............Friday the 13th. Dan was a nice guy and pressure washed everyone's quad today so we'd all look nice and shiny for the quad parade. We all went to Silly Al's pizza place for dinner..........Saturday, 2/14. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! We all left for the quad parade early in the morning, 8am. Carol and Diane put their camels together before we got into the parade line. Jim and Kathy made up their "snow" quad too. Poor little Brandy was cold and had on a furry coat. I don't think he was very happy about wearing it but he wasn't shivering. I'm not very creative, so I put all the kids, grands, and one "great-grand" on the "keeping Patty from getting dusty" cardboard on our quad. Soon alot of people on other quads began to arrive. I think a little over 100 quads were in the parade. We followed "Quartzsite's finest" in a quad procession to the local city park. Anyway, that is just my humble opinion. There was food to be bought, sloppy joes, donuts, chips, etc. I had bought 14 raffle tickets and won 4 times. The best thing was a gift certificate for a local Mexican joint. The other stuff was just fun stuff. Earrings, necklace, a lucite type cube with an etching of in it, a t-shirt, a baseball that tells you how fast you had thrown it, and a penguin candle holder. "White elephant" stuff that is always "hanging out" in your home. Stuff you wanna get rid of. It was fun to win though. Carol, Kathy, and Diane all won stuff too. The big thing I won was this huge grandfather clock. Not exactly what I would put in our rig. It would have been ok if we had a house. It wasn't that neat looking either. When the raffles were done, I had the people in charge do a quick "auction" to get rid of it. A fellow bed $25 for it. Cool. It was all his. He came up to pay and handed the woman who had done the "auction" $50. Way cool. She handed me the money. I took the money over to the local Search and Rescue and donated it to their cause. That made me feel good that I could hand over money for a good cause all because of a rather ugly clock that Dan and I didn't want. I didn't even think about taking a picture of the clock, but it was rather plain and there was nothing really special about it except that it was tall. Not something you put in your travel trailer/motor home/5Th wheel. It was a good day.

No comments: