Bella

Bella
Bella

Friday, July 10, 2009

Dan, Andrew, and Tia made it safely to Tarpon Springs, Florida very early this morning. Thank goodness. That is a long drive all the way across the country. They will get the u-haul unloaded into a storage unit then just take a few days to chill. I think Tia's dad is gonna take Dan out fishing. I'm hoping that he can catch up on his sleep and relax. I'll be picking him up early in the morning on the 18th, my sister Christine's birthday and my oldest son Michael's birthday........July is the month of birthdays for me. A busy birthday month......Not much happening around here. Christine's daughter, Tonya and a couple of her kids, are staying here at my mom's house for awhile. The house if full and sometimes dinner is hectic. Its working out though. Glad my mom's house is big enough to move around in without running into each other all the time. Of course I can always walk across the driveway to my own home. hahahaha.....I picked a couple of big cucumbers out of the garden and tried my hand at pickling them. The recipe was easy to follow. We'll see how they turn out. I'm gonna let them sit in the fridge until Dan gets home then we'll "taste test" them. I've also picked a huge zucchini, shredded it, and Christine shrink wrapped it with her nifty "suck out the air" machine. hahahaha...Can't remember what its called. I'll be able to make zucchini bread this winter. She also shrink wrapped the blueberries I had picked. Mom's bushes are loaded with them. Next on my "to do" list for the garden is to try my hand at making salsa with all the tomatoes we're gonna have. My pal Michelle in New Mexico has given me an easy enough recipe to follow. I've never made salsa before. Hey Donna! Do you have a salsa recipe on your recipe blog? I like trying to do all this stuff as long as its not complicated. I like simple and easy...........Christine is doing much, much better. Woohoo for getting well!!!!!!!!!!! Her birthday is coming up soon and I sure didn't want her to feel badly then.......Today my big chore is to get the oil changed in my car, then I can cross that off my other "to do" list. Maybe go browse through some junk shops just for fun. Sounds like a good idea to me!

No comments: