Bella

Bella
Bella

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Well, now that the BBQ is over, the sun is starting to come back out. Isn't that called Murphy's Law? hahahahahaha..........Dan got his mom to the airport for her trip to Kansas. I'm sure shes having a good time back there.......... We went to watch the ultra light hydroplanes race and it wasn't worth going. Besides being overcast with a chilly wind, it wasn't exciting at all this year. Some boats got out in the water, but alot of them had some sort of a problem or another. Majority of the time it was only two boats racing or one racing against itself. I did take some pictures of some of the boats, but not any good pictures of boats side by side in some REAL racing. That just didn't happen. I managed to get three pictures of boats side by side but they are not racing yet. They are "setting up" when approaching the starting line. ____________________________________________________________________ I did get some good shots of one boat at a time as it passed by us. ____________________________________________________________________ The red one with the two tail off the back was driven by a woman. I thought that was cool. She had a red boat, #72. ____________________________________________________________________ I tried to watch the entertainment, different people performing from the local area, but the music and announcer was so loud that no one could even hear the music for the performers. I felt bad for the little girls who were trying to do their "act". They looked a little frazzled. The other two years that we went, we watched the races both days and had a good time. I don't know what happened this year. I like to organize things. I could have done a better job for the entertainers then what I seen was happening. OK. I'm done complaining. Today we opted not to go back to see the last day of racing. Dan is gonna watch the NASCAR race on TV instead. I might try making some salsa with all the ripening tomatoes in the garden. I've never done that before. We'll see how it turns out. Might make some zuccinni bread today too.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Looks fun...I love watching The Blue Angels...Happy week sweetie!!hughugs