Bella

Bella
Bella

Monday, May 03, 2010

Well, first of all I murdered a snake and I sure feel bad about hitting it. I didn't see it in the road until Dan said "snake". I seen it then but not in time to avoid it. An F350 truck just doesn't "turn on a dime" so I tried to keep it between the tires. Didn't work. He must have stretched out and I think that I bonked him. Dan took a couple pictures of him in his last breaths on this earth. Then he got a long stick and moved him off the road. He was still alive when Dan moved him, so I was hoping that I only stunned him and he would slither away. No such luck. He died. Oh sigh. Made me feel like crap for a couple of days. Hate it when things like that happen. He was about 6 feet long. I asked a "local" and they told me he was a King snake. Sorry Mr. King Snake. I will watch the road better.............Saturday, May 1st was our friend Debbie's birthday. Dan baked a bunch of talapia and salmon and I sauteed some good size shrimp in garlic butter. Had a tossed green salad. It was most delicious and she loved her birthday dinner. We also gave her a small lemon cake. It was a nice day. Monday, May 2nd Dan and I went on a quad ride. It was a REAL windy day and we got pretty well battered from the wind, but it was very warm and was a good ride. Here is a bunch of pictures that I took. Here are some pictures of the first saguaro that I've seen in bloom. Russ took me to see it so I could take some pictures.

No comments: