Bella

Bella
Bella

Friday, November 26, 2010

We had a great Thanksgiving. Lots of food with our desert neighbors. We had to eat inside this year though instead of having a "buffet" style dinner outside. The north wind was just too cold. I think everyone got their bellies full.........Not very much has been happening. Before turkey day we did go about 70 miles out on the quad with Jim/Carol, Ken/Diane, Jerry/Pat way out to another place where General Patton was "busy" during WWII. It was chilly in the morning when we left and this is what Dan looked like. He was bundled up good. We'd never been to this place before. It was where bomber planes practiced dropping bombs on targets. Wonder what kind of targets? Hmmmmmm. Anyway, we seen a bunch of craters where the bombs had hit the ground. Way cool. There was lots of metal shrapnel laying around. Not such a good place to take the quad. We found an almost perfect 50 caliber brass casing. That was cool. We've been looking hoping to find one. I personally love riding around on the quad where all this history has happened. I just can't imagine all the troops being out here in the summer though. It would have been like living in an oven...............We've bought a big bag of wild bird seed and have been feeding the doves and quail. They come to feed right below the window where I sit and play on the PC. Here is one little guy that out and about all alone. I hadn't thrown any feed out and he just sat in one place for the longest time. Like he was waiting for breakfast. lol lol lol....He stayed still long enough that I could get a good picture of him. Fat little bird. We also seen the "neighborhood" coyote again. He/she is sure hanging around. Its not getting any handouts, so I assume that its hoping for some. Sometimes I feel bad cause we are "hanging out" in his/her natural habitat. We are the invaders. But then I don't feel that bad either because the desert is HUGE. Hopefully the neighbors we can see way across the dry wash aren't leaving any food out..........Now its time to get ready for Christmas. We mostly always have a very quiet Christmas Day just the two of us. This year my oldest son, Michael, will be here. I'm SOOOOOOO excited! Hes coming from Tallahassee and will probably freeze his butt off, but we'll bundle up and still have fun. Its gonna be colder here then it is for him at home, thats for sure! I haven't seen him for about 2 1/2 years. Its time and I'm excited that he can come see us instead of us going to where he is.

No comments: