Bella

Bella
Bella

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dan is starting to take Bella out for walks. She has lots to learn about going outside with him. So far she has stayed pretty close to him and when she spots me, she knows who I am and comes to me. Shes fast and has ran from him a couple of times. All in all, shes been pretty good. Shes fascinated with everything outside. She had been living at PAWS in a mobile home with other cats all her life so being outside is a new adventure. Her nose is sniffing everything and shes curious about everything. She is fun to watch. I think she'll be ok going out with Dan once she used to the sounds and scenery around her. Shes learning her name and learning the word "no" with the clap of the hands. She seems to be very smart. Shes been watching tv with us. She really stares at the screen. Must be the movements on the screen. We were watching America's Funniest Videos and I just happened to catch her looking up at the screen as the show was advertising for "Pet Lookalikes". Too funny. I was in the process of doing prep work for dinner and walked away. When I came back she had taken over my area, all stretched out and sleeping. Needless to say I had to clean and rinse before I could continue with the prep work. Pushy little broad she is. I didn't mind. She has tried crawling into every space she can find. The fridge was no exception. I turned my back to the fridge door and when I turned back here is a cat liking the cool air. We love watching to see what she'll do next. We've had one learning experience with her so far. She had an allergic reaction to the flea stuff Dan put on the back of her neck. And he only put a half vile of it on. Her hair fell out where it had been applied. I called the 1-800 number to ask what kind of soap to use and we were advised to not just clean the affected area. I guess the meds spread out on the skin, so we gave her a full bath. She was very good and it didn't seem to bother her at all. She just went along with what we were doing. Our desert neighbor, Carol, held her and me and Dan bathed and rinsed her real good. She gave herself a cat bath, got dry, and is now sleeping after playing for awhile.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Ryan about busted a gut when he saw the cat in the refigerator

Patty, Dan, Bella, and Bonehead in spirit said...

It was real funny Ryan. Papa and I are glad we took pictures of her.