Bella

Bella
Bella

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Isn't he/she cute? It just popped it's little body over the fire pit and I happened to be sitting outside, had my camera, zoomed in and snapped this pic. Dan and I went for our last quad ride here at Sand Hollow. This is a trail we were following for awhile. Heres another trail that was almost like a paved road. The rock was so smooth.We rode through a whole bunch of dunes to get to this place. We were sitting on the quad while it was still running just getting something to drink and looking at the view. All of a sudden around the side of the hill came a jet kinda sideways. Of course my camera was not on and we didn't hear him coming until he was right on top of us. The sound had been muffled when he was flying low on the other side of the hill. Well, ZOOM, right by us he went and we could tell he was gonna go past us again, so on came my camera. This guy was FAST and I almost didn't get a picture. I managed to snap one picture and thank goodness it turned out good and not blurry. I know he seen us sitting there on the quad. It was way cool. Dan said the jet was an A-10 Warthog. Here is a website to read about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-10_Thunderbolt_II Seeing this jet really made my day. I hoped he would come back but he didn't. We're thinking that he was just doing routine stuff, part of his normal work day, and that he came from Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas. Don't know. I just know that it was too cool. We sure didn't expect to see a jet flying this low and sideways. He was more sideways the first pass he made by us coming around the hill. Not as much sideways in the picture I took. We are leaving Sand Hollow tomorrow, 5/6, and will miss being here. We REALLY like it here in southern Utah. This is the third time we've stayed at Sand Hollow and we'll be coming back here again.

No comments: