Bella

Bella
Bella

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Yreka, CA

We are now in Yreka, CA for a week. Picking up the monthly mail at the post office using general delivery. It was quite a drive from Susanville to Yreka, at least for me anyway. Nervous nelly here having to go through rain that turns into snow. Here its starting to rain on us. This is only about the 3rd or 4th time we've driven in rain. We've been very lucky. We usually don't travel during March. We've always had good weather when traveling. I'll be weather watching again soon so when we leave here we'll have an idea what to expect.
More rain mixed with snow.
And, here comes the snow.





Doesn't look like much snow in the pictures but it was just starting to stick and the road was getting slushy. I'm sure the two passes we went over got enough snow to make it miserable for drivers as we seen a snow plow heading for the passes after we were through going over them. If we would have left Susanville about an hour later, I'm sure we might have had some problems.
Finally out on I-5 heading north. Tried to get a picture of Mt. Shasta. That's about as good as I could get from the truck.
Pulling into Yreka RV Park
Our site beside a pretty cherry blossom tree. At least that's what I think it is.

Looking out at part of Yreka. I'll take some more pictures of the park and surrounding area and post them soon.


No comments: