Bella

Bella
Bella

Friday, April 18, 2008

Here it is April 18Th and I haven't written since April 12Th. I'm failing in my "blog duties"! hahaha.......We've been busy and then I get lazy. Thats my excuse.......We arrived in Bandon and went to Bullard's Beach State Park. Upon entering the park we both had a sinking feeling in our guts. LOTS of trees and lots of trees means possibly no satellite reception, unless you can maneuver the pointing direction of your satellite in between the tree branches. That is what we tried in two different camping spots. There is only one area open in the park as construction and maintenance are going on in the other areas, so alot of campers seen us come in and "try" two different spots. I'm sure we looked like pure comedy. Seeing as our satellite is on top of our 5Th wheel, Dan moved our rig back and forth to try and get a "lock" on the "head honcho" satellite in space. No such luck in the first spot and no such luck in the second spot. Here we are in this 40' toy hauler with all the slides in and only the satellite up and trying to "look" up into space and we're "pretending" that we're moving a satellite that is on a tripod. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me tell ya. That didn't work!! We got to the park about 11am and tried to "make it happen" until almost 5pm. No one can say that we didn't try. The tree branches won this time. Too bad. It is a pretty park setting. Anyway, we told the camp host that we were leaving and that we would take care of the cancellation of reservations over the phone, and off we went in search of a place to stay..........I looked up places in my trusty Trailer Life (practically our "bible" on the road) and found several RV parks. We cruised by a couple of them and found Robbin's Nest RV Park right on hwy 101. A nice "mom and pop" park. We've almost been the only one here all week and its been great! This is a real nice park and the owners have made it very comfortable for campers. Check it out. www.bandon.com.....Click on "visitors" then "lodging" then "RV & Campgrounds"..........We settled in and as that was happening we got a phone call from Kittie and Bruce saying they were coming back from Portland early. Cool. They had been on a little trip but we didn't expect them back for a couple more days. Now comes the busy and lazy parts. We've been with Kittie and Bruce visiting, Dan doing "truck stuff", "going to the movies" one night at their place, EATING too much, and watching the dreary weather. We all want to go out on our quads but not in the rain and cold. The day that Dan and Bruce were working on our truck, Kittie and I were playing "lets dress Patty up in Kittie's costumes". I'm not gonna tell ya all about that right now because I have to edit the pictures yet. That will be in the next blog entry...We've enjoy being around Bruce and Kittie. They are fun and we never run out of things to talk about......We also had DataStorm users Gordon and Juanita stop by to meet us. That was cool. I had written to them when I had seen that their location was rather close to us. Gordon keeps a blog too and I've put a link to it here on my blog. Go check it out. They were both really nice and we'll keep in touch and I'm sure that we'll see them again in our travels. It seems that when you're out here traveling in your RV and being a "snowbird", you start running into people that you've met before because we all seem to find our favorite places to stay for more then a few days. Gordon and Juanita are heading for Alaska. How cool is that?...........It will probably be a few days until I write again. Until then I'll be editing pictures and hoping the rain and yukky days will go away long enough for a quad ride in the dunes.

No comments: