Bella

Bella
Bella

Sunday, April 20, 2008

The weather here has been totally crazy! Yesterday, Saturday 4/19, we all(Dan/I/Kittie/Bruce)headed north to North Bend. Kittie said there was Dahlia show in the local mall and a wine tasting event going on. Well, we missed the Dahlia show. It had been the weekend before. Thats ok though. The rhododendron and azalea flower people were having their show, so we checked them out before the wine tasting. Check out the pictures of us driving through the snow on the way to North Bend. We finally drove out of the snow and into just very cold weather. Not cold, but frigid. The cold cut right through your body all the way to your bones. Here is what we seen looking off Kittie and Bruce's front porch and a few views of the snow from their vehicle. I think that "wine tasting" should be called "wine drinking". haha..Sure looked like sometimes they both did more then "taste". They had fun though stopping at each booth and trying the different wines. Bruce was driving and hes not much of a wine drinker, so he didn't taste anything. I didn't taste anything either. Just doesn't appeal to me "tasting" "drinking" all the different wines. I would have walked quite wobbly out of the mall for sure! We had a good time. No snow on the way back home. We drove to Bandon on the "old road". Neat, pretty, little two lane road with some twisty butt turns. It would have been a nice road to ride the Harley on. We visited for awhile and watched this movie called "Beowolf". Not my type of movie. Half people/half fantasy. Bruce and Dan liked it.....Its been pretty much raining up until this morning as I write in the blog. Sunday 4/20 we stayed at home. Dan made his cabbage rolls and Bruce and Kittie came for dinner....Yesterday, Monday 4/21, Kittie and I went back north to Coos Bay and North Bend. She needed to shop. Came back to their house and had homemade soup (YUMMMM) and watched "Finding Neverland" with Johnny Depp. That was a good movie and Johnny Depp is well loved by Kittie and I. hahahaha.....(We liked this movie MUCH better then Beowolf. Sorry Bruce and Dan. haha). Seen this deer out in Bruce and Kittie's front yard. There were two of them but I could only get one in the picture. The other one was hiding behind a tree. Kittie brought out her mom's accordion last night for Dan to check out. Dan had taken accordion lessons when he was a kid. I could see that he immediately knew what to do with it and how to handle it. I put a few pictures on here. He told me that the key span on his accordion was for a smaller hand. For a kid. He said that he needed to play around with Kittie's accordion and let his hands adjust to the feels of the keys. We brought it home with us so he could play around with it. He tried to play part of a polka last night. I hope he can "find his way" back around the keys and remember a few songs. I think the accordion sounds so neat.

No comments: