Bella

Bella
Bella

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I can't believe its November already! I dressed my flamingo in her Thanksgiving outfit. Good thing shes not a turkey! And its getting cooler here. At least I think so. I LOVE the weather when its in the 90's. I'm not fond of how it is in the 70's and 80's with a chill in the air from a north wind. I guess I won't complain too much though. If I was at home, I'd be in the rain and dampness.......I've noticed that quite a few DataStorm Users are here in Quartzsite when I was on www.datastormusers.com. If you're out riding around in the BLM and spot our rig, please stop by. When you turn into La Posa north, we are almost to the end of the first road on the right after the Ranger station/pay station. You can see our satellite up on top of our rig along with two solar panels......On Saturday November 1st, we went to a craft fair at the QIA. Quartzsite Improvement Association. They will be having them once a month through March. We got some stuff that I'd never seen before, so they were "must haves" for us. We found a lady that makes stuff to pin onto your screens. Looks like that stuff from a long time ago. Shrinky Dinks, a kid's toy. Anyway, we ordered a quad in bright green, we bought a cactus, a roadrunner, and a eagle. We found another eagle that was made out of clothespins and popsicle sticks. And we bought this neat American flag to put on the truck antenna. We've also gone on another quad ride with our friends Jerry and Pat and their friends, Dale and Maxine. We were gone almost all day just cruising around out in the desert. We went to a mine. The hole was straight down a long ways. Dan dropped some rocks in the hole and it took about 4 to 5 seconds before they hit something. Then they rolled down whatever they hit. I didn't get close to the edge to take a picture. I held the camera out over the hole. Good thing its at the top of a rise. You have to drive up the rise, turn around, and drive back down. Good thing there is only one way in or you might come up over that rise and you and your quad would go right in the hole! Its not fenced off. Just an open pit. Interesting. Then we went to see some old stagecoach stop ruins. I can't imagine a stagecoach stop being in this spot. On a hill in the rocks. Had to be a tough built stagecoach! Dan turned on the GPS and found a geocache near the stage stop. On the way home we feel that we went right through the middle of an old volcano. Lava all over the place and we could count two old domes. Real Strange and real pretty. Looks like a desert rock garden. We picked up a bunch of white quartz that looks like it has imprints of roses in it. There was a name for it, but I've forgotten what it was. Cal sidney rose I think. Anyway, we'll be going back out into that area again and go up farther into the hills to find bigger pieces. All the ones we picked up were very small and had been broken by people running over them in the current day and by General Patton's troops running their tanks over the ground. Didn't take any picture of them yet. Gonna wait until we go in search of the bigger rocks....Here is Dan and I on the way home though. hahahahaha Today is November 5th. Election day has come and gone. And thats all I'll say about that. See ya all soon.

1 comment:

Donna said...

WOW! What a Pit!! Great pictures sweetie!! Happy Quading!hughugs