Bella

Bella
Bella

Monday, November 10, 2008

Well, we have a new president. Oh fun. Sorry for all of you who wanted this man, but he doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Just my opinion. But, hey, whatever will be will be I guess. And, so life goes on. Veterans Day is tomorrow, November 11th. I hope our new "president elect" remembers that, as he has "spaced out" our Pledge of Allegiance one time already. Here is my way of remembering our Vets. Especially the Vietnam Vet. Probably because thats the era I was raised in and was most aware of what was happening in the world around me. I have a POW bracelet and always remember "my fella" and that hes not here to enjoy life. I've had his bracelet for many, many years. I knew very little about him but kept him in my heart. I think because he was close to me in age and we both came from Western Washington. I only learned a whole lot about him several years ago and I'm grateful to the person who told me about him. The fella on my bracelet is SP5 Rodney D. Osborne. I've traced his name on the Vietnam Wall in Washington DC and always try to see the traveling Wall when its in the same area that I'm in. Rodney was listed as MIA (missing in action). He is now listed as KIA/BNR(killed in action/body not recovered). You can read about him on this web-site. Thank you Rodney. http://www.angelfire.com/wa/clerky/pow.html And, thank you to my Dan. He was in the Air Force and was also in Vietnam. Here is a picture of another piece of screen art. We had a quad made to put on the back screen door. We think its cute and it looks good on the screen. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my pal Michelle. Her birthday was November 7th! On November 7th me,Dan,Jim,and Kathy went to Blythe, CA to pick up Jim's quad that had been worked on and to drop off our quad to get the front end aligned. We hung out in Blythe most of the day. Not much to do there. Hit the local K-Mart and Starbucks. Picked up Jim's quad and came home. The next day we all headed to Chiriaco Summit, Ca to the General Patton Memorial Museum. Now, that was an interesting museum! I TOTALLY enjoyed going there. All Veterans were honored in that museum. They were having a celebration for Veterans Day. There were lots of current military and past military there. Most of them in uniform. Very impressive. When I personally see our military represented, past and present, like they were at this celebration, THAT gives me the warm fuzzies about what a great country we live in. If you are ever near Chiriaco Summit, its a "must see". Try looking at these web-sites for more information. http://www.generalpattonmuseum.com http://www.desertusa.com/mag99/feb/stories/paton.html Ya know. Someday I'm gonna learn how to put the web-sites on here so you can just click on them and go directly to them. Just haven't figured that out yet........Here are a few pictures of being at the museum. On the way home from the museum we stopped by and picked up our quad. Cool. We love riding. Our quad seems to be fine, but there is still something wrong with Jim's quad. Dan rode with him today to take the quad back. Kathy had gone for a short ride on their quad yesterday and it was leaking gas. Seems that the quad place didn't do a very good job. Not good to pay all the money that Jim put out only to have gas leaking all over and clamps not put on right. I'm sure there will be hell to pay in Blythe at the quad place today. Hopefully it will be fixed the right way and they'll return home with it so we can all go out riding again. One last picture. Jim and Kathy had taken Brandy with us to the museum. Guess who's lap he likes? Yup. Dan's lap. Dan the man who doesn't care for dogs. Animals and small kids just seem to "gravitate" to Dan.

No comments: