Bella

Bella
Bella

Friday, December 26, 2008

HAPPY BOXING DAY to all our Canadian pals out here in the desert! Dan and I hope everyone had a good holiday with family and or friends. Next up is the New Years Eve "bash in the desert"! We all had a good outside Christmas buffet! It was warm with a chill in the air. I still wore a coat anyway. It was VERY windy but it was a southern wind so at least it didn't have a northern chill. There was lots of good food. There always is when we all gather together. We had a nice campfire going and sat around that for quite awhile, until the sun went down. Then it was time to head back home. All in all it was a good Christmas day.............We heard from most of our family back home in Washington and we know that it was cold and snowy. Dan's daughter, Audrey, said that she was standing in two feet of snow in her yard! It sounded like the "grands" had a good Christmas. Most everyone from my family managed to gather at my mom's house on Christmas Eve. I didn't have to be there to know how that was. I can picture it in my mind's eye. I'm sure they all had a good time. Dan and I had a quiet Christmas Eve watching Christmas movies on tv. The only downside of Christmas this year was the getting/receiving mail. The things I had mailed are still out there in "USPS land" somewhere and we were expecting a couple of things that should have gotten here before Christmas. They are also still somewhere out in "Postal land". We're thinking that the mail is all messed up because of all the snow problems back in the Seattle area. Things are behind. We'll keep checking our favorite place, General Delivery (ha!), every time we go into town.......Tomorrow, 12/27, we're heading north to Parker to the big grocery store, Safeway. We usually go to Albertsons in Blythe, CA, but I need to "hit" the Bank of America and its in Parker. (Sounds like I'm gonna rob it. ha!) There is a Starbucks in Safeway and thats a bonus. And Dan has more choices of auto part stores so he can buy oil for the truck. I'll get regular groceries and extra stuff for our New Years Eve gathering. Sounds silly, but going to Albertsons or Safeway is a big deal cause Quartzsite only has the little expensive "mom and pop" stores. Good enough for bread and milk.

No comments: