Bella

Bella
Bella

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Keeping warm with stocking hat and muffler. Friday 12/26. We FINALLY got our mail! WOOHOO for mail even when its late! We made the trip to Parker and got that out of the way. Buying groceries and Dan bought all the oil he needed for truck/generator/quad oil changes. And in Safeway is a Starbucks, so I treated myself with one of the Starbucks gift cards that I got for Christmas. Saturday 12/27. Dan and I took a ride to Alamo Lake State Park. Our original goal was to go via truck to check out where we had been on the quads. We were trying to figure out where General Patton's tanks had been. I think we found a place that was big and flat enough between two mountain ranges, and without all the saguaro cactus. We'll probably go back out on the quad and check it out soon. Seeing as we were so close to the State Park, we went to check it out. Alamo Lake is big but the water level is down. We've never seen the lake before but we could tell that the water level should have been higher. We chatted with a park ranger and he verified our thoughts about the lake. It was a good day for a ride in the truck and we only had to be on I-10 for about 10 miles. Hate being out on the freeway during a holiday weekend. Its bumper to bumper and crazy...........When we got back, Kathy and I drove to where she was gonna place a geocache. She placed it and we went in search of another cache close by. We didn't find it though, thinking that someone had taken it. I took a picture of the cactus where the cache was suppose to be. I'd never seen a cactus quite like this one. Interesting. On the way back home from the cache I took a picture of the backup of cars and trucks on the off-ramp from I-10 into Quartzsite. Glad I wasn't in that line. Sunday 12/28. When I checked my email this morning, I seen that someone had already found Kathy's cache. Cool! I had put a two dollar bill in the cache hoping that whoever took it would key in the serial number on wheresgeorge.com. I had entered the bill into their site hoping that it would go from cache to cache. It could be interesting to see how it travels if people keep it going. We'll see. Also this morning as I look out the window I can see two more rigs setting up camp. People that will be part of our New Years Eve "bash in the desert".

No comments: