Bella

Bella
Bella

Monday, February 16, 2009

Sunday, 2/15............Today was a lazy day for Dan. He was home all day watching stuff on tv until the Daytona 500 came on, then it was all about watching the race after a rain delay. Kathy, I, and Diane went out for a quad ride to the Spanish Wall and two other stone cabins. Here is a picture of what is left of the Spanish Wall. No one is sure when it was built or who the builder was. I think people are just guessing that the Spanish built it a long time ago for whatever reason. This is the third Winter season in Quartzsite for Dan and I and the wall has crumbled just from Mother Nature "doing her thing". I hid my first geocache to the left of this picture. When people come to find it, they can look West and see Quartzsite then look East and see a stone cabin. Its a neat place and the views are great. Now I just gotta get it approved by the "powers to be" on the geocache web-site. It will be fun to know that people are going to find the cache via 4-wheel drive, ATV, hike, horse, or motorcycle. I sure wouldn't take a low clearance car. It was a fun day and its always a nice ride to the Spanish Wall. The desert is so green now after the rains. It sure is a different kind of beauty from the way it is at home in the Northwest. Sometimes Mother Nature outdoes herself in good ways.

No comments: