Bella

Bella
Bella

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tuesday, 2/17. Happy birthday today to our Canadian pal, Jim. 69 years young. We all gathered together for a birthday dinner outside in the sunshine. WOOHOO for sunshine! Canadian Jim/Kathy, Jim/Carol, Ken/Diane, and myself/Dan. Potluck, of course, and its always good. Ken made Jim a chocolate cake with pink icing. I'm not big on eating cake, but it must have been good as everyone else "pigged out" on cake, strawberry ice cream, and strawberries. We had a fire going trying to burn up all the excess wood that is laying around before we all leave here. Good thing it was burning cause after the sun goes down, it sure does get chilly real fast..........Here are a couple of pictures of the little hummingbird that hangs around our rig. I was trying to feed him necter, but the red stuff just wasn't emptying in the feeder. So I tried some clear sugar water. Sure enough hes been flying down from his "favorite branch" and has been enjoying clear necter. My pictures are not very good, but you get the idea. I just couldn't get too close to him and had to zoom in. Wednesday, 2/18...........Woke up to sunshine. Not a cloud in the sky. It was still kind of chilly out but it warmed up enough to get out and ride on the quad. First of all we took care of normal chores and I did laundry. After taking care of business, Dan and I took off on the quad to do some geocaching. We traveled some quad trails that we hadn't been on before. Thats always fun. Check out this saguaro! I didn't count the arms, but it had alot! This is one of the nicest ones that we've seen in the area. See the log in the picture? Maybe you can find it in the desert. Its by the many armed saguaro. I'll be hiding a geocache in the log. Good place for a "hide" as people will discover that neat cactus. I found a little yellow flower that I think might be a buttercup. As you can see you're stuck looking at my scenery pictures. Every time we go out riding in the desert, there is always something I didn't notice before. And I love the cactus and spectacular views.

No comments: