Bella

Bella
Bella

Friday, April 10, 2009

Thursday, 4/9.......Dan and I went out for a 51 mile quad ride today. It was so nice and warm out. We only needed short sleeves, no coats. We went out to find some geocaches on the south side of I-10. We never did find them cause Dan "lost" the quad trail and ended up doing some "creative driving". Blazing his own trails. We kept hitting dead end dry washes. It took awhile, but we finally got to the top of a small hill so we could see where the quad trail was. This was a good place for a break and to eat the sandwiches I had made. We chilled for awhile and I took some pictures of this strange looking bug. Never seen one like this. We found a tunnel that we'd never been through and went under the freeway to the north side of I-10. We found two geocaches on the way home. I got some good flower pictures and Dan took a couple of pictures of this bee hive that he found. It was a fun ride even if we got "off track" for awhile.Check out my flower pictures in the slide show. The ocotillo has the pretty red flowers and the nasty thorns. I took one pic of the thorns. You sure don't wanna bump into them.BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images. Friday, 4/10.......We went into town for gas for the generator then came back home and went for a short quad ride. I needed to collect some white quartz rocks for our initials. See the pictures. This marks "our spot" in the desert that we come back to year after year. We weren't gone long as a storm was heading our way. In fact, it just went over us. We had some rain, thunder and lightning, and some winds that slammed into us. We could see it coming, see it pass over, then see the clearing coming. It only lasted about 20 minutes. I can look off in the distance and see where its going. One hell of a desert storm we just had........Check out my flamingo with her Easter clothes on. Shes too cute!

No comments: