Bella

Bella
Bella

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

I seem to be failing in keeping up with my blog. But do you really wanna hear about what I'm cooking for dinner? Or what the doctor said? Well, ok, I guess I'll tell ya some things anyway. Dan has been slowly working on our 5th wheel. He has added new lights to the back of our 5th wheel so, even though we are big, people can see us better. Some people just don't see us for whatever reason. We now have more tail/turn/brakes lights. He caulked the inside of the shower, general maintenance I suppose. We've both been cleaning out drawers and cupboards. Downsizing the 5th wheel of all the little stuff that you collect while living in the desert and traveling to and from Bremerton. We still have a storage unit here in Bremerton and need to get rid of all that stuff. I believe that will be our project for the summer of 2011. I've managed to get rid of some stuff out of it this summer. A little bit anyway. I'm sure Goodwill loves me. Sometimes its hard to get rid of stuff you've been hauling around with you forever. Oh sigh. It will happen either via our kids, Craigslist, Goodwill, or the dump. We've also been picking blackberries and freezing them. We have a small freezer in our garage and we'll be filling it full of "baggies of blackberries" to take back with us to the desert. Yum. Blackberry muffins in the middle of the Winter. Berries that we picked, not store bought. Anyway, life is just rolling along and things are slowly coming together for leaving here again. Dan still has more doctor appointments to finish up, then we can get outta here the first of October. And, none to soon. Almost every morning I have to turn the furnace on to get the chill out of our rig. Brrrrr...........Dan, me, and Jason did go to the Bremerton Blackberry Festival. It was held downtown Bremerton on the waterfront. That was fun walking around looking at everything. And thats the festival in the pictures below. Dan and my son Jason. Me and Jason. The little destroyer in the picture is the USS Turner Joy. Shes a tourist attraction here in Bremerton now since the USS Missouri was moved. Here are a couple of web-sites where you can read about this historic boat. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Turner_Joy_(DD-951) and http://ussturnerjoy.org

No comments: