Bella

Bella
Bella

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hi to our families. Love to you all. Audrey, hope you get to feeling better. And to our pal Bruce. We're glad you're home and feeling better. Hugs hugs hugs. _____________________________________________________ I have managed to get some more pictures on my blog. WOOHOO! Its taken awhile because I'm on Dan's little HP laptop and it has Vista. I DO NOT like Vista! My laptop is at HP getting it's new hard drive. I should be getting that back next week. I can't wait..........Its been VERY nice here during the day. Its getting chilly at night. So much so, that I turn the furnace on in the morning to take the chill inside our rig away. By chilly, I mean, in the high 40's/low to mid 50's. I know thats not cold to some people, but it is to us. Right now its 87 out. Nice. I know that won't last long though. Soon it will be in the high 60's and all 70's. Thats ok. Its dry here. Works for us.............We've gone for two nice quad rides. The first one was with friends Pat/Jerry and their friends Maxine and Dell. It was quite the ride that eventually took us to Preacher Pass. Check out the view. Its something else. Maxine got a picture of some deer that we didn't see. They blend in with the desert. I did spot a big horn sheep about 100 yards up the quad trail. He was standing in the middle of the trail and when he spotted us he took off. Not even enough time to get my camera out. He didn't really "bolt" into the desert. He just kind of walked off the trail and disappeared casually away. Sometimes we go out riding and don't see any wild life at all except little ground squirrels and lizards. This time we were lucky. A couple of days later we went for a quad ride with our Canadian friends, Kathy and Jim. We drove to the Deere Run B&B where Kathy has a geocache. The B&B is just an old slab of concrete with things that people bring. Like cook stove, newspapers, firewood, chairs, tables, fun things, decorations, etc. Its a fun stopping place for people out on their quads, bikes, hiking, or small 4 wheel drives. We stayed there for awhile, checking on the geocache and eating our lunch. On the way back home we stopped by "Crystal Hill". Our name for this place. We went pretty rock hunting and crystal hunting. Always fun to do. Dan found the fragile twig with the Chinese looking lanterns. I'll have to look this up on the internet as I don't know what its called. It sure is cool looking though. As I was writing this I happened to glance up and looked out the window in front of me. I knew I had seen something out of the corner of my eye. Sure enough a good sized coyote was strolling across the dry wash about 150 feet south of our rig. Of course he wasn't gonna hang around and wait for me to take a picture. hahahaha. Neat of him to pass by and move on.

No comments: