Bella

Bella
Bella

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Here are some beautiful sunset pictures. Just think what a person could do with a better camera then mine. I like the pictures of Dan and our rig with the sunset reflecting back on them. Pretty cool. We sat outside a couple of nights ago and ate dinner while I was snapping pictures. Dan, Kathy, and I went out to check on some geocaches. The one in the pictures is called "Eye of the Eagle". Pretty neat cache. Someone put alot of time and imagination into making this one. And, thats all I'll say in case there is a geocacher out there that might try and come to find it. You can see Quartzsite way out there in the background of the first picture. You really can't tell, but we were up on quite a slope at the base of some hills. These first two pictures were taken back in 20007. Very cool old cactus. Lots of appendages. Back in Feb of 09 I decided to put a geocache near this cactus so other people would know it was there and come to look it and wonder about it. I called it "Count My Arms". Since I put the geocache out there have been a few HUGE rain/wind storms. Mother Nature finally got the best of this old cactus. I renamed it "Count My Arms, R.I.P.". Now people will see "what was" of this gentle giant. I felt so bad when I first seen it on the ground after it fell that I couldn't even take a picture of it. Anyway, here is the "before and after". Then we have this guy. We had gone to eat dinner with our pals Debbie and Russ and when I grabbed my camera case out of the back floor of the truck, this guy was under it!!!!!!!!!!!! I know hes not very big, but I sure did jump back and yelled for Dan as unlocking the door to our rig to grab a flashlight and come back out. It was dark and only the truck dome light was shining on him. I got my camera out and took a few pictures. Again, I wish I had a better camera so the pictures would have turned out better. We have no idea how he got into the truck or what kind of spider he is. I'll be looking on the internet to see if I can find him and also asking some of the "locals" around Quartzsite what he is. Whatever he is, I hope he doesn't hitch a ride with us again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: