Bella

Bella
Bella

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Saturday, 10/9.........We made it to Quartzsite. YIPPEE! And it was almost 90 out. We are LOVIN' this weather. We are all set up except for getting our internet. Our satellite dish on the top of our rig can't seem to lock in on the big satellite out in space. We'll get some help with that today over the phone. I can't believe that I actually will go through internet withdrawls, but it will happen. Guess thats better then drug or alcohol withdrawls. YUP????? Thank goodness for WordPad. I can be offline, write all this stuff down, then copy and paste later. I went out this morning in the bright sunshine and visited Bonehead's memorial. Cleaned all the weeds out of it and from around it. Sure do miss her. Then I filled up the hummingbird feeder. I've already seen one little bird checking our rig out. When he/she comes back, the necter is all ready and waiting. Mary, Dan's mom, is sitting outside drinking her coffee and enjoying the warm morning. Suppose to be 96 this afternoon. I'm sure she'll be on the back side of our rig sitting in the shade then. Last night our pals Debbie and Rusty came over and we put burgers on the barbie. It was so good to see them. I've missed them alot!..................Before we got to Quartzsite we hung out in and around the Circus Circus KOA. Dan had already fueled up the truck the night before when we took his mom down the "Strip" to see all the Las Vegas lights. Talk about a gazillion people! And cars! It was a ZOO! I think she liked seeing it all lit up. Her camera was snapping away so much that when Dan was fueling I walked to Walgreens and bought her some more disposable cameras. And, guess what was next door? Yup. A Starbucks! I'd been to this store before so it wasn't a surprise. After picking up some cameras, I headed to Starbucks to get mine and Dan's favorite drinks. YUM! I sure was glad to leave Las Vegas. I know Dan was too. We'll be going back up there again in a few days to take Mary to the airport. Glad the airport is on the south side of town so we don't even have to go into the real mess. We'll be staying the night with my neice Tonya so we won't have a long, long day driving too and from Las Vegas. Works for us...............Ok. Gonna go outside and take some "before" pics of where we are. In a couple of months this place will have lots of people coming to see and do all the activities around Quartzsite the end of December, all of January, and part of Feburary..............Sunday, 10/10. Still no internet. I feel the withdrawls beginning to start. LOL LOL LOL. Its very hard to talk to someone on the weekend so I'll call Monday and see about getting my lifeline back. Took Mary on a tour of the big town of Quartzsite. hahahahaha....Its very small and thats the reason we like it so much. She got to see one of the "mom and pop" grocery stores, the Chevron station, Carl's Jr, The Pit Stop where we get propane, and one of the laundry mats. And these are just the places we stopped. LOL LOL LOL.....Not much here. Oh, and we stopped by the Catholic Mission where Deb and Russ are caretakers. Came home and just "chilled" in the hot sun. Hows that for an oxymoron! The temp was in the mid 90's and we just loved it. Dan took his mom for a very short ride on the quad. Just to the store and back to pick up marshmellows, grahm crackers, and Hershey bars. Guess what those are for? Well, the heat didn't like her and vice versa, so no more going on the quad. We just stayed home the rest of the day doing a few "set up" chores around here..............WOOHOO! Got my internet back. Dan had to buy a new transmitter for our dish. I guess things do wear out over time. Also had to drive to Parker, AZ and get a new battery for our quad..........Wednesday, 10/13. So, the computer is EXTREMELY slow and I'm having problems trying to get slide shows on here. In fact, I'm having problems making the slide shows. So, only a few single pictures for now. Yesterday on the Tuesday the 12th, Dan took his mom to Apache Cabin. Its a "tourist thing" here in the desert at Quartzsite. I've written about it before on here. It got up to 103. Today Debbie and Russ are coming over and we'll be sitting in the shady side of our rig making jewelry and having a weenie roast when it cools off...........Here are a few pictures. Dan taking his mom for a short quad ride. Apache Cabin Mary inside the cabin looking at all the stuff Of course I had to put a few nature pictures on here. I love the dragonfly. They sit on the top of the truck antenna. This one let me get really close to him and then I zoomed in on him too. The birds were right outside the window.

No comments: