Bella

Bella
Bella

Sunday, January 30, 2011

As you can see by the picture below, the first show in the big tent ends today. Lots of people will be pulling out of Quartzsite because this show is all they come to see. Maybe there won't be as many people getting stuck in the dry wash when they parked. Some people just "don't get it". They just can't park in the dry wash, Tyson Wash, when they only have 2-wheel drive. Next show is the craft and gem show. I'll go to that once and check out all the beads. This is one of the main intersections in Quartzsite. The overpass goes over I-10. Traffic is most always backed up when the big tent stuff is happening. We mostly avoid this intersection unless we need to get propane/water/gas. If I just wanna run into town, I use the quad and go through the desert and dry wash. I was sitting on the side of the road and zoomed in for this picture. Here is a shot of the famous Big Tent. I was sitting on the side of a hill at an old mine. This tent is HUGE! You are looking north/northeast at the tent. Dan found this wonderful crystal on one of our quad rides. It fits nicely in my hand so its not a real big piece. I'll set this out in our rig so it can be seen. I was quite tickled when he handed this to me. We've been on a couple of quad rides with friends looking for fun rocks and geocaching along the way. Just some scenery pictures that I love taking. We made our one trip to Algodones, Mexico so Dan could get his partials adjusted and get a few of his teeth ground smooth and polished. We went with Sonja and her friends. It still only takes about 5 seconds, depending on how fast you walk, to get across the border going into Mexico and it takes forever to get back to the U.S. side. I try and look at the bright side of having to wait to get back home. It keeps illegal aliens from crossing over, so I'll wait if the Border Patrol stops someone that shouldn't be crossing. GO BORDER PATROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Border Patrol ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they have a harder job then the regular cop on the street. Just my own opinion. One of the tiny police cars in Algodones. The police also ride around town on ATV's. Guys in camo stand and watch everyone in line waiting to get back from Mexico to the U.S. holding big guns. I was afraid to take a picture of them. I'm always hoping the guns are props, but I can't tell, so I'm not taking any chances as these guys are young young young and ya just don't know whats gonna trigger someone off. Anyway, I'm glad we don't have to make another trip to Mexico. I admit that I really like eating at my favorite fish taco place, but if Dan didn't have to go see the dentist, we'd never go at all. And we all know the reason Dan and other people have to visit the dentists in Mexico. We won't talk about that cause its all too political. Since we've been back from Mexico, we've just gotten back into everyday life. Good food around a most excellent campfire one night and doing everyday desert chores. Dan did add two new solar panels and controller. We are now testing them out. So far, so good. We didn't have to turn our generator on last night at all. Cool. Today is the first day in a long time that we haven't had blue sky. I guess the leftovers from LA are gonna blow over us. Cloudy skies and the temp will drop a little bit.

No comments: