Bella

Bella
Bella

Saturday, January 01, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO! Starting the last day of 2010 with a desert buffet. YUM! What a way to start the new year. Cold, cold, cold. Its 32 outside as I'm writing this with only a high of 54. I know that is warmer then other places across the country, but nature is rather screwed up. I'm really feeling the cold I think because this is not a wet cold. Its a dry cold. More bone chilling to me. Dan took several people on a quad ride on New Years Eve and I don't think they will admit that they were cold. I went to the same place, taking some women with me from our camp, and we rode in a nice warm truck. Today, 1/1/11, I will not be a wimp and bundle myself up REAL good and will go on the New Year's day quad ride. We had a buffet outside on the last day of 2010 and Dan kept a great fire going. I pretty well parked myself in front of it the majority of the time. We had a pretty good amount of people that came to eat and then "toughed" it out until the very end. When everyone said "Happy New Year", you should have seen us all scatter to our homes. hahahahahahahaha. It was funny. Here are a few pictures of people on the last day of 2010. I know it just looks like we're standing or sitting around doing nothing, but you wouldn't believe some of the conversations happening. And you can tell by looking at us by how cold it is. Some of us have layers on. Kind of blurry, but this is Dan and I at the campfire. I just had to put these pics on here cause they represent everyday life in the desert. We much appreciate these people. I took these from inside my warm home while Dan was outside with them freezing. hahahaha.....These guys pump out out black and gray waste/water. I call them the "poop guys". Wanted to put the pics on here cause I love what it says on the side of their rig. We love the "Larry the Cable Guy" saying. Too funny. And so life goes on in the desert, starting a new year. 2011............

No comments: