Bella

Bella
Bella

Friday, February 18, 2011

Yesterday was just not our day. We went into Quartzsite to fuel up the truck for our Vegas trip at the Chevron station (where the gas and fuel isn't cheap anymore.) While Dan was gonna be busy fueling up the truck, I walked to the grocery store and he would come pick me up there. Well, I got done and no Dan in the parking grocery store parking lot. I walked back to the gas station and there he was still at the pump with the hood up on the truck. It wouldn't start. It wouldn't even make a noise. We pushed it into a parking spot and he did some trouble shooting. Nothing, nada, nill, nope, not, zero. This truck was not gonna start. He concluded that it was probably the starter and he was right. I called AAA and they came to the truck's rescue. I also called one of our camping pals, Jim, and he came to my rescue. So, I went back home and Dan went off to Blythe, CA to the Ford dealership with the tow truck guy. Dan called me later to let me know the truck was getting a new starter and please bring more money. The dreaded word MONEY. Oh, ok. I suppose Ford just isn't gonna give us a new starter for free. So another camping pal, Ken, and I took off for Blythe. Thank you Jim and Ken. My heroes for yesterday. Our truck is now happy and will hopefully stay happy, but I won't knock on wood or anything like that. Ya just never know. It was very unexpected for the starter to go out and it sure through a monkey wrench into our day. We were suppose to attend another pal's birthday campfire/bbq and we did, but we were late. I'm SO glad the truck is fixed because this morning we leave for Vegas. And thats the truck story. One of those unexpected things that happen and ya just gotta stay positive and go on with life. (Oh crap. Now I can't spend as much when we go to Costco in Las Vegas.) lol lol. Anyway, we are out of here this morning taking a few days to get to Vegas. Its less then a day trip, but we'll be stopping to stay in an RV park in Mojave Valley to check it out for future use. I guess we can ride our quad from the park out into the desert. Thats a good thing.......See ya all from the road and from the NASCAR race in Las Vegas!!!!!!

No comments: