Bella

Bella
Bella

Friday, September 16, 2011

Tuesday 9/14...Well, my sister Christine is in surgery right now having her thyroid/goiter removed....Surgery is done and everything is great. She had a good doctor, Dr. Rice, and we both really like him---------Wednesday 9/15...I brought her home today. Her neck is MUCH smaller then it was before and she has a chin again. This goiter was on the left side of her esophagus and was just about choking her. It was starting to press down onto her lung. She was having a hard time taking a breath and her voice sounded like crap. Raspy, gravely, grasping for words cause she couldn't breath. It was awful. The goiter was the size of a softball, a tiny bit bigger then the plastic ball I have in my hand. Can you imagine some mass like this choking you? CRAP!!!!!!! The doc showed me with his hands about the size of it and this is ball is pretty close. Of course her voice is not all the way back to normal, but we all can understand what she is saying and it sounds at least 80% better. I'm sure after she heals she'll sound even better. I'm SO happy she got this done. Especially before Dan and I go back to Arizona. She should be ok by time we leave. I'll be doing the driving for her for about 8 to 10 days cause she can't turn her head, but after that she'll pretty well be back to everyday life again. Dan is being Dr. Waller and taking care of the incision for her, applying stuff and cleaning it(its only about 3 inches long). Dan is a good guy............So, Dan has been working on the waxing of our 5th wheel. Its slowly getting done. We leave Bremerton about the 28th or 29th of September, or so that is the plan..........Did ya all watch "America's Got Talent" and the guy who sounded like Frank Sinatra won? Was he good or what?!!!!?? Next on our TV agenda to watch is "Dancing With The Stars". I really wanna watch Nancy Grace compete on there. Its gonna be a fun show to follow.

No comments: