Bella

Bella
Bella

Friday, October 14, 2011

Here are a few pictures I took before we moved to our other spot. Pretty cool full moon and I loved the sunset reflecting off the hills. And, of course, Bella always looks pretty. No more hookups. We are officially dry camping. I've only used the generator once. Our 6 solar panels work really good so far. The weather has been great. In the high 80's to low 90's. Dan is getting really dark. Gotta keep slathering that sun screen on!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heres a picture of the speedway from the paved parking lot we are now in. All of us workampers parked together except for two. We are the rig on the far right. I walked across the street to the track and went into the Neon Garage. You ride and escalator down, down, down that takes you to a walkway under the track. Then you ride the escalator up to the Neon Garage. You can see all the garages with the race cars. You can stand at eye level with the cars and watch the crew do their thing, or you can walk up a level and look down at them. I walked up a level. Took a picture of Danica Patrick's car and of her signing autographs. She didn't look like a happy camper. It bothered me that she didn't make eye contact with anyone. Her public. Her fans. Hmmmmmm. Not even a smile. I realize the drivers are busy and have lots on their mind, but they gotta remember they have fans. When they come out of their hidey holes, they need to remember to make eye contact and at least give a little smile. I know she has sun glasses on but she kept her head down, looking at what she was signing the whole time. I didn't even see her talk. Oh well. If they don't wanna make an effort, they shouldn't come out at all. Just my opinion. These are views of the race track looking across to motor home hill where we first parked. Left, middle, right. In the middle picture you can see part of the Neon Garage, where I just was, to the right of the building that says Las Vegas. Looking back to where we are parked while walking back from the race track. I am so sad to say that Dan was working with a young man that is stationed at the air base and he told Dan that the stealth bombers are deployed. Shoot. I won't be taking pictures of them this time. Oh well, I guess they are off serving their country somewhere.

No comments: