Bella

Bella
Bella

Sunday, December 18, 2011

We took advantage of a half way decent day to take a quad ride with friends Ken and Diane. I was all bundled up. Its just too chilly out for me but if you put on layers of clothes its ok. Dan took us west of Quartzsite to the Deere Run B&B. Guessing that this place used to be some one's mining camp. There is a cement slab where a building used to sit at one time or another, or "back in the day". I've never looked up the history of this cement slab. Anyway, people have brought chairs, bbqs, wood, flags, a log to sign, putting green, etc. You could actually camp here if you had a tent. Its sheltered in between the hills so I don't think it would be that windy.......Nice view on the way to the B&B. Here we are at the B&B. You can see all the stuff that people have brought in to make it a fun place to "visit". This is a turn off from the B&B trail. Its a gnarly rocky trail going up to an old mine. Dan let me off and I didn't go to the top. I just didn't wanna go on that rough ride. Hanging out on the trail and taking pictures was just fine with me. Wimpy Patty!!!!!!!! And, there they go up and up and up. And here they come back down. I could hear Dan singing all the way down. He was an echo in the hills. When I turned around from looking up the trail, this was my view. Cool. You can see Quartzsite off in the distance to the right. Its starting to look like a sea of white from all the RV's coming to "visit" all the vendors in Dec/Jan/Feb. After they all came down from the top of the "Oh poo poo Run" (LOL LOL), this is the view as we made our way back home. Another nice view with an Ocotillo cactus starting to bloom in the foreground. Can't believe it had red blooms when its so cold out! This is some one's "working mine". We came, drove by, and left. And thats all I'll say about going past the no trespassing sign. There is more then just this "working mine" in this area. Interesting to see some of them, but from a distance. And the weather hasn't improved at all for warmth. I don't remember it being this cold during the daytime for this long in the 6 years that we've been coming here. All the other years we were out riding on the quad, going places and seeing things out in the desert. Now we look outside and see lots of grey clouds and sometimes rain. When we go outside we mostly always feel a north wind so I know that I'll be wearing gloves to keep my fingers warm when out walking with Bella......And the people are starting to trickle into Quartzsite. Pretty soon it will be "wall to wall" people and vehicles. Diesel,gas,and propane will go up in price for a couple of months and it will be hard to find an "up front" parking spot so you can go peruse all the vendors with all their neat stuff.

1 comment:

Tom Williams said...

some of the trails look like something I wouldn't want to walk over let alone bounce over on a quad. Ouch.

Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the 'heat' in the dessert.