Bella

Bella
Bella

Friday, December 16, 2011

Friends from Ferndale, WA, Dennis and Sandy, arrived in Quartzsite yesterday. Always good to see them. Their pictures have been in my blog many times. They will be camping with us after Christmas.(HI KITTIE AND BRUCE! WE GOT YOUR HUGS!) They stopped by our area just as Dan and I came riding in on the quad. We had gone for a short ride to seek out a big hawk Dan,Ken,Diane,Jim had seen. I was gonna take a picture if we could spot it. Didn't see it. Oh well, another day.......It is still cold at night and chilly during the day. We are suppose to go quad riding today and if we do I'll be bundled up with lots of layers! You can tell that it gets cold at night by looking at the top of our truck. It has a layer of frost on top. I know you can't see it very good, but believe me, its there and it was cold out when Bella and I went for a walk at 9am! Bella was patiently waiting to go outside for an early morning walk. She was watching for the doves that come eat the seed Dan throws out. They didn't show up this time. See the frost on the truck? It was about 35 out and was a dry biting cold. Thats the only way I can think to describe it. Eventually it warmed up to somewhere in the low 60's with a slight north wind to make it colder. Bella is the snoopiest cat I've ever seen. I needed something in the cupboard and when I turned away from it, she jumped from the stove to the open cupboard and made herself comfortable. I'm glad she can't get to Dan's toys above the cupboards. Two helicopters and one airplane! I made some candy cane cookies yesterday and most of them ended up being "yummy in someones tummy". I won't say who Dan!!!!!! Good thing I didn't make them all in one day. I'll finish making them right before Christmas when I make fudge. Then I can share them with our desert pals for our Christmas dinner outdoor(hopefully)buffet.

1 comment:

Tom Williams said...

Good thing the stove wasn't on when Belle decided to go for a climb.