Bella

Bella
Bella

Saturday, February 25, 2012

We had a very nice surprise several days ago. Our good friend Steve came to see us. Back when Dan and I were on the Harley all the time, we rode with him A LOT! We don't get to see each other very much, but that doesn't matter. Good friends don't need constant contact. He is in Palm Springs visiting family. About 130 miles from Quartzsite. He rode his Harley on a very nice day to come and see us and spend the day. We're hoping that he'll come stay with us in the desert maybe next season. Guess time will tell. Anyway, it was great to see him....I rode the quad out to the road to meet him. Here he is heading towards me, going south on Hwy 95.I'm following him down our mile long dusty road. Home sweet home.Steve and Dan, good buds. Me and Steve. Friends for life. Steve, me, and Dan.I found this strange looking bug laying on our outdoor mat, right outside our door. It was dead. I've tried to find out what it is by looking on the internet and looking in my Audubon book. Can't seem to find it anywhere. It had big eyes and was missing some limbs. You can see how small it is. Dan set it up on our table so I could get some close up pictures. Just another flower that is growing in the dry wash by our rig.Here comes Bella out from being in the middle of a bush. Of course we checked it carefully to make sure we didn't see any snakes. We'll be leaving Quartzsite on Monday the 27th. Suppose to be windy, a southwest wind. That might not be a good travel day but if its not real bad, the wind will pushing us up the road to Vegas. If it gets too bad, we'll pull over and wait it out. Off to the NASCAR race!

No comments: