Bella

Bella
Bella

Friday, December 26, 2014

Day after Christmas

Christmas is over, THANK GOODNESS! Christmas day was good. Just another "walking Bella" day. It was really windy though. Dinner was half way crap. That's the nicest word I can say about it. We went with friends to a restaurant in Quartzsite. Not gonna mention the name. We had 5pm reservations. This place sure didn't plan for the day very good. The prime rib and ham was all gone. One of our friends was looking forward to prime rib and Dan was gonna eat ham, as he doesn't eat turkey. He ended up eating a reuben sandwich/fries/salad. Hmmmmm. Nice Christmas dinner. The rest of us had the turkey dinner. I had dark meat. Guess I was lucky to get that. Bland sweet potatoes and soggy green beans. The turkey/gravy/mashed potatoes were at least good. The pumpkin pie that came with the meal was frozen solid. People were having to use a knife to cut it. That was bad. I took mine home, it thawed, and Dan had it later. And that's the story of our Christmas dinner...........Sure am glad I'm doing "the day after Christmas" dinner for me and Dan. Yummy ham and flavorful sweet potatoes and homemade cranberry sauce and jello sure is gonna taste good.......I'll take our little tree down today or tomorrow. I don't like it being up too many days after Christmas. Guess I'm a scrooge..........And that's the end of this post. :-)

No comments: