Bella

Bella
Bella

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

BRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! It was 48 degrees when I got up at 7:30 this morning. Had to turn the furnace on. What a waste of propane, running the furnace! I'm wishing we could head to the southwest soon and see cactus and road runners. If we stay here much longer, we'll be seeing Eskimos and igloos! ha! Of course we can't leave yet because of the 5Th wheel problem. In the mean time we've been doing stuff to our rig, getting ready for road travel. Dan does all the maintenance and I do the "downsizing" and keeping up with the inside decor. Changing things around a little bit and doing fun stuff as in hanging up the Grand's artwork. The talent is showing through in the Waller clan. ha ha ha... We didn't do anything over the Labor Day weekend. Didn't go to the Blackberry Festival or the D-Derby. It was rather a lazy weekend as far as going anywhere. Dan tried to fly his helicopter, watched the NASCAR races, and just hung out. I made 2 blackberry cobblers and a raspberry pie. No sooner then I made them, POOF!, they were gone! Soon the blackberries will be gone. Oh sigh. They are so yummy right off the bush. I followed the news about Hurricane Gustav. Thanks goodness it wasn't as bad as Katrina. I'm an avid "hurricane watcher" as my oldest son Michael in Bainbridge, Georgia has the possibility of being in the path of one. When I lived and worked in Georgia from 1988-1992, we were right in the path of Hurricane Hugo. That was scary. Michael and I were the only ones home and were prepared to evacuate. We didn't have too as it veered north to South Carolina. I hated hurricane season when I lived in the south! If we ever travel to the south in our rig, we'll have to try and plan the trip between possible "forecasted hurricanes". ha! Just trying to make a funny....Tomorrow, September 3rd, is Jason's birthday. My youngest will turn 34. I'll be making him a cherry pie instead of a cake. He loves cherry pie! I guess he bought himself a "new" ATV so I'll be buying him, for his birthday, some new goggles and gloves. I'll take pics of him and his machine when I next see him.......Ahhhhhh, the sun is actually out and its now 53 degrees. Maybe sometime in the near future I'll be able to turn off the furnace!.....OK. I'm off to read my favorite blogs, surf around, and play some games before I start out my day. Talk to ya all soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: