Bella

Bella
Bella

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Almost a full moon. Looking East outside our door. On Veterans Day Dan and I took a ride on the quad. Just the two of us. Jim and Kathy couldn't go this time as their quad is still at the quad hospital. We went to look for larger rocks with the images of roses imprinted on them. Anyway, thats what they look like. I talked about it a few entries ago. I'm hoping to find a larger piece someday. In the meantime, I think the ones that we found are way cool. I need to figure out how to clean them. Most of them are incredibly encrusted with dirt. They would look really neat if I can get them cleaned up. Here are a few pictures of the place we went to find the rocks. I love the one I took of Dan on the hillside with the sun behind him. We also did some geocaching. One of the caches was at the top of a hill that someone named Preacher Hill. What a view we had at the top!!!! It was so peaceful up there. We were about 1750' up and that was driving up a narley quad road. It was well worth the drive. We could do a 360 turn and have a beautiful view anywhere we looked. Here are some pictures I took when we were on top of Preacher Hill and stopping to look at geocaches on the way home. We sure do like this geocache thing. Its fun to hunt them down by following the GPS via latitude, longitude, miles, feet, etc. Wednesday, 11/12, Dan and I took Jim and Kathy out to the Little Harquahala Mine. In it's day the mine produced gold and silver. I haven't read anything else about the mine so I'm afraid that I can't tell you much else about it. Dan and I did our first metal detecting here 2 years ago and I've never bothered to read about it then either. This place is rather big and it's only the little mine. I guess there is a bigger mine just called Harquahala a little ways north east of this little mine. Anyway, we had a good time messing around the old mine. On the way home we stopped by a couple of geocaches. Its always fun checking them out............Thursday, 11/13, we just hung around home and did the normal chores, ie, getting propane and gas for the generator. Dan made his famous cabbage rolls and Jim and Kathy came to dinner. After dinner we were sitting outside playing a dice game under a full moon when a fox came up to our fire pit being snoopy. It probably smelled the food. We've seen them out here before but they don't usually don't come so close to us when we're outside. We've very careful not to leave any scraps of food around........And, so we come to today before I publish this. Dan is "mutt sitting" today. We have Brandy all day so Jim and Kathy could go to Yuma. Its just too hot in their home to leave the old guy in there all day, so he'll spend his day with us. The full moon last night wasn't pretty enough to take any pictures. It sure was bright out though.

No comments: