Bella

Bella
Bella

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The last few days have just been ordinary, everyday living days. Dan and I did go for a short quad ride one afternoon and did some geocaching. And Kathy and I drove to the KOFA land to check out Crystal Hill. Didn't find any crystals. Just a few neat rocks and we found two geocaches. We also drove to Blythe, Ca so I could pick up a few groceries and hit the Starbucks. We went geocaching on the way to Blythe and on the way back to Quartzsite. We had a good time. I really like this geocaching thing. At one place we found a cache we each picked up some really neat pieces of quarts. bigger pieces. There are so many caches out there to find. Each one is interesting. Go to geocaching.com and read about it sometime. One of my "everyday life" days was to do laundry. After my chore was done I headed to the local market. As I was walking across the parking lot I heard someone yell my name. I looked and seen an old friend from the early 90's. Rusty. His wife Debbie was in the store. He called her on his cell phone and she came out and the three of us had a "blast from the past" experience. I hadn't seen them for a long, long time. How cool to run into old friends that are camped only about a mile as the crow flies from where we're camped. They live in a long "toaster". I love the look of the Airstream Trailers. As always when baking, I make extra, so I took pumpkin bread and "boy" fudge over to Rusty and Debbie. Took them more stuff today, 11/26, applesauce bread and cranberry relish, when Dan and I went for a small putt on the quad. I'm just a regular Martha Stewart, hahahahahaha. I've been busy "making and baking". Something that I've really enjoyed doing since I retired. It rained today. Rained enough to make some good desert mud puddles but not enough to flow freely through the dry washes. Hopefully the rain is done with as us and our neighbors up the road are having a Thanksgiving buffet outside.....11/27 HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last night it rained, rained, rained, and Mother Nature gave us a "light show". During the last two days "she" gave us a neat sunset and a most fantastic rainbow. The pictures don't EVEN come close to how they really looked. This is our 3rd season coming to Quartzsite and it rained more yesterday and last night then the whole time we've been coming here. It sure won't be dusty today! I'm sure the ground will dry up quickly though. The sun is out this morning. Looks like we might have our Thanksgiving buffet outside!

No comments: