Bella

Bella
Bella

Thursday, December 11, 2008

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Monday, 12/8, Dan and I drove to Blythe, Ca to meet up with Richard and his lady friend Dora. Richard is Dan's daughter-in-law Tia's grandpa. He has been down in Mexico for awhile and just came back to his place near the Cibola ghost town. We met for lunch and had a nice visit. Hes a pretty interesting guy. Gold prospector. Cool. I tried to "pan for gold" once and didn't get anything. No riches came my way. I found it hard to do, trying to find gold in the pan of water. Anyway, we had a good time chatting with him and Dora. The rest of the week has been just everyday life. Finished up all my Christmas cards and got them mailed. Made some cinnamon fudge and its in the freezer waiting to be shared with all our desert friends. Picked up all the bananas for all the nanner bread I'm gonna send home to my sister Christine. And got everything I need to make fudge to also send to her and for Christmas and New Years here in the desert......Tuesday, 12/9 I put our little Christmas tree up and set out my Christmas angels. Nothing fancy here. Dan is gonna put a few Christmas lights on the front of the 5th wheel so when we have the generator running at night, our lights will be on. Thursday, 12/11, Dan, I, and Canadian Jim hauled the our quads to Bouse. We drove out past Camp Bouse and unloaded the quads then we were off. Off in search of where General Patton had done the target practice stuff with tanks. We couldn't find the right spot. This is the second time we've tried to find where the practicing was. I'm thinking that we need more info before we go out looking again. We had a good time out on the quads anyway and it was a nice day. I took a couple of scenery pictures. On the way back from the Camp Bouse area to the small town of Bouse, we stopped at a local cafe and ate some dinner. After dinner as I was getting into the truck I noticed that the back tire/passenger side was almost flat. Oh no! Thats all we needed was a flat tire! "Fix-a-flat" to the rescue. Dan put it into the tire and then got out the little compressor that we carry with us in the truck. He eventually got the tire aired up and we were on our way home. Jim followed us all the way just in case the tire went flat again. Thank goodness it stayed up and we made it home. Now Dan has a new chore on his "to do" list. Get the tire fixed.

No comments: