Bella

Bella
Bella

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I gave "Flo" a new look. I didn't have a Valentine costume and its not cold out anymore, so shes getting the "hula" look for awhile........... Wednesday, 1/14........Dan and I went for a quad ride by ourselves today. Sure was different from all the other quad rides we've taken lately. We went exploring to find new ways to get across I-10. We found two tunnels that run under the freeway that we could drive the quad through. WOOHOO! New ways to get from one side of I-10 to the other side. We had a nice ride and the weather was just fantastic. After we came home, I went back out to town in the truck to pick up some milk. What a mistake that was! Its absolutely insane out there in town!!!!! There are just lots and lots of people coming here for the "Big Tent" event! I pulled into the parking lot at one of the small local grocery stores and parked. As I was parking I seen this older motor home coming around the back side of the store. Didn't think too much about it. I went into the store. When I came out this motor home had parked so close to the driver's side of the truck that he was only about 4 inches from my side mirror. Needless to say there was no way I could even think about opening the door so I could get in and drive away. I can't believe that someone would park that close so you couldn't even open the door. I had to use the passenger door and crawl over the center console to the driver's seat. Guess I was lucky that someone didn't park 4 inches away from the passenger side mirror. Thats life in Quartzsite. Some of the most crazy and rude drivers you've ever seen. Everyone is in such a hurry and thats hard for me to believe because just about everyone that comes here is RETIRED! Whats the hurry??????? All you people reading this that are in Quartzsite, please slow down, watch out for all the people riding quads and golfcarts, look before you back out of parking places, quit speeding through the yellow light at the intersections, pay attention as to when its your turn at the two 4 way stops by the truck stops, quit tailgating me when I'm driving to Parker (remember there are passing lanes), and don't scare the crap out of me in the Post Office parking lot. Well, that felt good to say all that!............. Thursday, 1/15.........Stayed home today. My pals from back home in the Northwest, Deb and Rus came by for dinner. Charley from the New Years Eve group was here too. We were able to sit outside as it was nice out and enjoy our meal. Then Dan lit a small fire in our fire pit. We've been parking at the same spot for 3 seasons now and this is the first time that we've used the fire pit. We're always at the bigger pit when everyone is here over New Years. It was nice and cozy............... Friday, 1/16......Dan and I turned our rig around so we'd get more sun in the afternoon. We LOVE the sun and we were in the shade all afternoon. Now we're facing southwest. I don't know why we just didn't do that in the first place, but.......... Today Kathy and I are gonna go geocaching on the quads. Its gonna be a nice day for quad riding. We'll just be out in the desert around Quartzsite. There are lots of caches to be found......I am having a problem seperating my paragraphs/days and they all seem to run together. I'll work on learning how to fix this so reading my blog will be easier and look better.

No comments: