Bella

Bella
Bella

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Hi to my brother John. I know you're reading this. hugs _______________________________________________ Thursday, 11/4. Dan and I went on a quad ride alone today. We drove to Dripping Springs. In one way and out another way. We drove 42 desert miles. I forgot to put the smart card back in my camera, so no pictures today. It was windy out but hot. We loved it! My face is very warm even though I slathered up with sun tan lotion. The two days before today have just been VERY lazy retired days. Going to get milk at the local dollar store was the highlight. LOL LOL LOL.......At the very end of October, Canadian Kathy and I went out on a quad ride, just the two of us. We went geocaching and had a great time. We found a new place to put a geocache and will be working on that........Friday, 11/5. Dan and I drove to Blythe, CA for his follow up VA appointment. Now, this is really cool. Dan needed to get some blood work done as requested by the Seattle VA (Veterans Admistration). We figured we'd have to drive to Yuma or Phoenix. I looked online to see if there was anything closer and found a nurse in Blythe, California who helps Veterans. Dan gave her a call, she set up a time to see her, and he went to Blythe to register with her so she could help him with VA stuff. She works with a nurse practitioner in Loma Linda, CA at a big VA hospital. Everything is done by teleprompter and computers when talking to the nurse in California. We could see her on a tv screen and she could see us as she interviewed Dan using this system, she has access to his VA records online, and now he has someone he can take medical problems too while we're down here in Arizona. He calls the nurse in Blythe who in turn sets up an appointment for him to talk via teleprompter to the nurse in the VA hospital. What a good thing for Dan. The nurse in Blythe can listen to Dan's heart and lungs while her stethoscope is hooked up to the teleprompter/computer and the nurse on the other end can hear the same thing. Its amazing. He now can get a script for his RLS (restless leg syndrome) without having to wait for when we go back home again to Washington. No more waiting to see the doc in Seattle if he has a problem here in Arizona. We are quite pleased that we found this wonderful nurse in Blythe and got Dan registered. I know that there are a few people who read my blog that are in the Quartzsite area. If by chance you are a Veteran and need medical assistance, we can give you the phone number of the nurse in Blythe. Just send us an email at pepsidan@hughes.net.........Saturday, 11/6. This morning Dan and I went to the first craft fair at the QIA (Quartzsite Improvement Association). I love going to look around at everything the crafty people have made. Today I bought a purse, like I need another one, but this is really cool. Its made out of a suet cage that bird feed comes in and neck ties. I like it. Next month all the hand made Christmas stuff will be out, displayed, and for sale. Now we are home and Dan is outside trying to level our rig as the bathroom door keeps wanting to close by itself. One of his "man chores". hahahahaha. We actually have clouds in the sky today, its not as hot, and its a little windy. With all the clouds we should have a great sunset.

No comments: