Bella

Bella
Bella

Saturday, July 30, 2011

I went shopping at Costco and bought a Black Forest ham. YUMMY! And now I have a ham/cell phone story. The ham won. I was getting the ham ready to bake. I sliced it into pieces and layered the pieces in a baking dish with pineapple and brown sugar. First of all I had the ham, pineapple, and some other stuff in a plastic bag that I brought to my mom's house from our 5th wheel. I had also thrown my cell phone in the bag. I took everything out of the bag except my phone. Had a big brain fart there. I took the ham out of it's wrapper and put the wrapper back in the bag, juice and plastic, and threw the bag in the garbage. You can now guess where my phone was. At the bottom of the bag laying in ham juice. I didn't miss my phone until it was time to go home after dinner. Well, the poor phone lay in the ham juice for about 2 hours. It finally dawned on me where the phone was. DUH! Needless to say it DIED! DEAD! NO MORE RINGING phone! I killed my cell phone in a ham juice bath. I guess thats one way to get a new cell phone. Just throw it away in some ham juice. LOL LOL LOL.....Good thing Dan insured both our phones. And talking about insurance, last time we had a phone die, Verizon took care of the dead phone right in the store. Not anymore. I was handed a pamphlet and they told me I had to do it myself. "Call the 1-800 number or go online and you can get a replacement". What happened to customer service? I came home and got online and ordered my replacement phone. That worked ok. The thing that irks me is that the pamphlet said I had a $45 deductible and when I got online I was charged a $50 deductible. Hmmmmmm. 5 bucks is 5 bucks and I'll be writing an email to the third party insurance and taking the pamphlet back to Verizon and telling them they better get updated pamphlets. Whatever. I'm done bitching now. Just don't ever try and become a mini-Darwin award. "Phone Dies In A Bath Of Ham Juice". LOL LOL LOL...............We've been back to the Seattle VA. Thats the most depressing place to go and spend your day, but Dan has to do it sometimes. Got his eyes checked, which are just fine. Then turned his new? hearing aids back in so he can get replacements. The aids that the VA keeps sending him just don't work. We're beginning to think they are not new when they get sent back. We think they are just being repaired and the VA is hoping for the best that they will work. Hmmmmmm. Doesn't that just sound like our government???????? Gives ya a warm and fuzzy feeling..........I took a few pictures of Bella's first "kill". Seeing as she can't get a bird or squirrel, she settled for an earthworm. LOL LOL LOL. It was actually pretty gross when she chomped into it, but she had a good time playing with it first. Bella, fearless hunter of earthworms. And, so life goes on until next time..........

No comments: