Bella

Bella
Bella

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Did any of you see the eclipse? I got up twice to look at it. The first time was when it first started and the second time was at the end. Seeing an eclipse is always cool. I guess this won't happen for another three years. I tried to take a picture of it but that sure didn't work. I received my new used camera in the mail. WOOHOO! No more ugly scratch on the lens. I'm thinking that to get a good picture of an eclipse, my camera would have to be a better one then I have or at least have a special lens.........Man oh man. We've had some crazy weather here! Its cold at night and not very warm during the day. Cold enough that the critters won't come out of their homes so Bella can chase them around. I drove to Blythe, CA for some groceries and got caught in a good rain storm. (There aren't any big grocery stores here. You drive to Blythe,CA or Parker,AZ to buy groceries. A little info for a "first timer" coming here.) As I was driving down into Quartzsite, I could see the rain coming down in the hills. You could just see it moving across the desert. I guess Dan had Bella outside when I was gone and they were quite a ways from our rig when she took off running for home. Then he said a big wind came blowing through our area. Smart cat. She must have heard the wind coming or sense it somehow. Anyway, the desert ground is all wet. The wet desert dirt really "cakes" onto the bottom of your shoes. UGH! Might be able to make some good mud balls. LOL LOL LOL. The weather can take a "turn for the better" anytime. Maybe mother nature is telling me to stay inside and make Christmas candy cane cookies and fudge. Ya think?...........I tried playing with different settings on my camera to capture this rainbow right outside our rig. I really wish you could find a pot of gold at the end of it because I would have been on the quad driving towards some riches. ha! I like the two pictures where the trees and bushes look red. The sun was peeking out from the clouds and was in the process of "setting" in the west out to the right of the picture, so I got the sunset colors. Cool.

No comments: