Bella

Bella
Bella

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

And so the new year starts with our satellite dish burping all the time. And you can't get any assistance over a weekend or holiday. Not exactly sure what was going on but it seems to be working right now. We went into Quartzsite to have our modem tested and it seemed flaky. We'll see what happens I guess. Dan will be talking to the techs for our satellite dish and to the business that has a modem for us. All I know is right at this moment its working as I'm sitting here writing in my blog. I sure do miss my computer when I can't have access to it all the time. Oh sigh....Our New Years Eve was very quiet. We had plenty of people sitting around and chatting, but it was quiet. For one thing we didn't have any music this time and I'm guessing that people aren't drinking as much anymore. Works for me. I always have fun without alcohol. Dan built a huge fire and it wasn't cold at all. Last year we all froze even when standing around the fire. So, goodbye 2011 and hello 2012. On New Years day some of us went for a quad ride. It was fun as this has only been about the third ride we've been on because its been so cold. We had someone new in the group so we went to Dripping Springs and Apache Cabin. People want to see these places when they are new to riding in the desert around Quartzsite. Everyone talking about how to get over the small but steep rock wall in the dry wash. Every time we drive to Dripping Springs this part of the dry wash gets talked about. I've never driven our quad over these rocks as I'm always taking pictures, but I've taken pictures of people getting stuck on the rocks or having their front wheels up in the air. It doesn't look bad in the picture, but it could fool you when you're trying to navigate. I better hurry up and publish this entry before the satellite decides to burp again. lol lol lol

No comments: