Bella

Bella
Bella

Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm thinking that Dan and I are REAL lucky to be in Quartzsite right now even though its still in the 30's and 40's at night. At home in Bremerton, WA they have snow/ice/black ice/and soon frozen rain which will make for even more ice. I've seen pictures of my great nieces/nephews and Dan's grands all playing in the snow and it looks like they are having a blast, but.........I used to love playing in the snow but as I grew older it just became cold and wet. Someday Dan and I probably won't be able to travel to warmer weather so you'll find me all bundled up staying warm and looking out the window at the snow. LOL LOL LOL..I guess everyone has their "likes" and "dislikes". I don't like the snow anymore and the dentist is right up there with snow and I've NEVER liked the dentist! Anyway, I hope everyone "at home" will be careful out their while traveling in the snow and ice. I'll be an avid weather watcher from here in Quartzsite...........Speaking of the dentist. I'm gonna be forced to go see Dan's dentist in Algadones, Mexico as my front tooth is cracked where my dentist had repaired it several years ago. Guess its time for a crown/cap. When I'm in the dentist's chair, you'll probably see and hear me cry. I'm such a wimp. Dan likes his lady dentist in Mexico though, but hes braver then I am. I'll be sitting in her chair thinking the whole time, "this is cheap" "this is cheap" "saving big bucks" "saving big bucks". LOL LOL. Thats why everyone goes to Mexico to the dentist. This will be the first I've given in as I wait until we go home to Bremerton in the summer and I'll see my own dentist. I'm guessing that I'll be saving about 700 to 800 bucks for one crown though (my insurance does not help at the dentist anymore. grrrrrrr). Anyway, I guess thats gonna happen in the near future. Ok. Guess I'm done complaining and worrying about dentists........Its VERY crowded in Quartzsite right now. The big Pow Wow is happening and people come from all over to attend. Its a HUGE rock and gen show. People, people, people wherever you go. I drove the quad to the grocery surplus vendor yesterday, I call it the dented can store, parked kind of close cause the quad is small (parking is at a premium now with everyone wanting to park close to everything), got what I wanted, then came back and sat on the quad and "people watched". It was crazy! Bumper to bumper big trucks (ya gotta pull your rig with something good sized), quads, little cars that are towed in back of motor homes, etc. You don't see many mid-sized cars or trucks here. Every year I'm amazed at the traffic from the middle of January to almost the end of February. Then the vendors leave and poof, so does the majority of people. Its totally insane. Read about Quartzsite online during this time frame. Lots of stuff happening here and the population swells to a huge number people for a tiny town......Alrighty then. See ya soon in another blog entry.

No comments: