Bella

Bella
Bella

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Saturday 3/10......Since I last wrote, my youngest son Jason has been visiting. He flew into Vegas last Wednesday right after the big winds. My niece Tonya and hubby Mike picked him up at the airport for me and brought him all the way out to the racetrack. We all, except Dan as he had to work, went to Fremont Street and hung out for awhile. Jason had never been to Las Vegas so we also had to "cruise" the strip. I think he liked it. I couldn't believe this place. I guess they make small hamburgers to HUGE heart attack hamburgers. The people that wait on you are dressed up like doctors and nurses and they weigh you before you eat. And, you must wear a hospital gown over your clothes. Crazy....... On Thursday we just hung out, me and Jason, while Dan worked. I drove him around a bit, like inside the racetrack, and we went to get propane. Always chores to do. Thursday night we took the shuttle to the tunnel that you go through to get inside the racetrack. We watched the heavy haulers parade. About 50 of the Cup car driver's semis' drove in a parade starting out on the Las Vegas strip and driving all the way to the racetrack. It was really cool. I'd never gone to see that before. Friday we rode the shuttle to the Neon Garage and spent most of the day there. I really like that place. We seen lots of drivers, took pictures of them, hung around pit road and watched the Cup drivers qualify, and just walked all over. Jason managed to get Carl Edwards to sign his white t-shirt sleeve. Here is our favorite guy. Kasey Kahane. He drives the number 5 car. We are on the other side of the barrier from pit road at the start/finish line. I love this big glass building. I took of our reflections. Kind of cool. I was SO tired when we finally got back to our rig. Today, Saturday, was the Nationwide Race. We rode the shuttle again to the other side of the track and looked at all the vendor booths and bought some t-shirts. Jason watched the beginning of the race and we rode the shuttle back to our rig. I took my camera and was all ready to take pictures but forgot to put the smart card back in it. Duh. I left it in my laptop. I won't do that again.

No comments: