Bella

Bella
Bella

Friday, April 12, 2013

Since the weather is getting hotter, the snakes are out and about and so are the bigger iguanas. I haven't gotten any pictures of them. Dan has "relocated" two snakes in two days. Thats not good because they were near our rig and Bella seen them both. Dan yelled "no" when she seen the first one and she must have sensed something was bad because she headed back home with me. That was one loud rattler, hissing and hissing. About 3 1/2 feet long. He was "relocated" about 1/4 mile away. The next day Bella spotted something in a bush near the back of our rig and she put out her paw to touch it just as I yelled at her to get out of the bush. She actually touched it and turned away at the sound of my voice. It was a little sidewinder full of piss and vinegar. He has a new home now too. I have a feeling the snakes are gonna be hanging around here more then normal this spring/summer. Probably a good thing that we are leaving here very soon.

As you can see in some of the pictures below, we had a bad dust storm. It was windy for three days and the dust was really moving across the desert. All that darkness in the background is dust. Nasty stuff. We could only open windows where we knew the dust wouldn't get blown in. Had to have some open as it was very warm out and our rig gets real stuffy. We just can't turn the AC on unless we wanna run the generator all the time.

The hills in the background are barely visible. This is looking out towards    
I-10 on the right side of the page. A few times we couldn't even see any hills at all.


I sure was glad when the dust storm was over. Some of these pictures are on the last day of the wind. I rode the quad into town. I'm in the dry wash heading north and about ready to drive under I-10. Sometimes the truck drivers spot you in the wash and honk at ya.

This is Main Street in Quartzsite. Going through the wash avoids getting on the paved roads all the time. I curve up the hill on the right side.
Heres the little hill I go and the fence is open so quads or people or whatever can get through.
Looking back down the hill I had just come up. Main Street looking west.
And here is a view of the wash going back south.
After the blowing dust, our poor truck didn't even look grey anymore. It was dirt tan. Dan couldn't stand it anymore and went to haul water just to wash the truck. WOOHOO! It looks good again.

A couple more desert flowers. Not gonna look them up for names this time.


No comments: