Bella

Bella
Bella

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Waiting, waiting, waiting for winter to be over. Its been SO cold here in Bremerton. Oh wait! Its not winter, but spring? Really? Sure could have fooled me and Dan. I've been wearing my "long john" top and always wearing my rubber boots when I'm outside with Bella. Its damp/damp/damp and it rains off and on. The sun tries to peek out sometimes, but not for very long. I just looked on the calendar and summer won't be here until June 21st. Wonder if it will ever get out of the 50's and 60's during the day? Oh sigh. The local news said its below normal temps. Well, duh. I could have told them that. Muther nature sure is mixed up! Poor Dan is suffering with a VERY bad sinus infection. Hoping that will go away soon with the anti-biotic hes taking. We have too much to accomplish this summer on our rig, working in our storage unit, and other stuff to have him sick like he was all last winter. Even Bella isn't sure of all this dampness. She likes the cooler weather but hasn't been in the rain and damp very much in her 3 1/2 years of life.............Dan's daughter Audrey, oldest grand Caleb, and mom Mary will be coming here today for a couple of days. Then my sister Christine takes off for 10 days to see her grand Joshua get married. Dan and I will be "mom sitting". Making sure she takes her pills, tests her blood, does her diabetes shot twice a day, and takes care of herself. And, of course, I'll be doing the cooking for dinner like I do all summer while we're here. Mom has Alzheimer's and needs assistance. Shes forgetting forgetting forgetting. Should be interesting because, although I love my Mom, I'm not the nurturing nurse type person like Christine is. But I'm sure things will be OK, I'm thinking...............I have a yummy smelling potato soup in the slow cooker for dinner today. Simple and easy.

No comments: